- Dr Fuhrman
- Vegan DHA
- iHerb (Great for ordering supplements, even if you're not in the US. Get $10 off your first order of $40 or more, or $5 off smaller orders, if you use coupon code GUH019)
Vegan mothers have less twins -- and other pregnancy related news
There were a couple of surprising (to me) studies about pregnancy in the news this week:
- Women who consume animal products, specifically dairy, are five times more likely to have twins. Apparently, if you breastfeed at the time of conception you increase your chances of having twins nine-fold.
- Women with fertility problems and unsuccessful IVF treatments were twice as likely to become pregnant after a biopsy.
- Anxiety and daily stress during pregnancy is associated with more advanced early child development if the anxiety is not related to the pregnancy.
- Children from mothers who had gestational diabetes are more likely to be overweight. If they were breastfed that risk was reduced by up to 50 percent.
May 21, 2006