- Dr Fuhrman
- Vegan DHA
- iHerb (Great for ordering supplements, even if you're not in the US. Get $10 off your first order of $40 or more, or $5 off smaller orders, if you use coupon code GUH019)
Review: Jogging Stroller Kool Stride Paramount
One of the major problems I had in trying to live healthier was finding time to exercise. When my daughter was a baby we walked a lot. This did not feel like proper exercise, but I know it is still quite healthy. When she grew older she wanted to walk herself and the times of long walks with her in a baby carrier were over. I had a baby seat on my bicycle (in this flat country bicycles are a normal means of transportation for many people) and for a while that worked fine, but now that she is older again, she does not like sitting in a bicycle seat. I hated the fact that my life became more and more sedentary and tried a gym membership, but found it too expensive for what I got.
It seemed silly to buy a stroller when my child was already 2.5 years old. Don't most people dispose of their strollers by then? I decided to try it anyway; thinking I could always sell it again if it did not work. We bought a second hand Kool Stride Paramount jogging stroller. We have been using it for over a month now and I wish we had bought one a year ago.
What I like
- The wheels: the back wheels are 20 inches, the front wheel is 16 inches. The back wheels are tilted a bit, like racing wheelchairs. The huge wheels make the stroller very easy to maneuver.
- The rain cover: My daughter loves the huge "window". Unfortunately, this is essential if you live in a rainy climate.
- The weight: The jogging stroller is very light and easy to steer. I can comfortably push it with one hand, while running next to my daughter (instead of behind her).
What could be improved
- The stroller is not very easy to assemble/disassemble. This can be a hassle if you want to put it away after every use.
- It is huge. Even when disassembled it takes up a lot of space.
- The brakes do not work very well. I have not found a reliable way to put it on a brake without me holding the carriage.
If you have a child (or two) and are or want to be a runner, I cannot recommend a jogging stroller highly enough. My daughter loves it and I love the fact that I can get exercise without giving up family time. I think most higher end brands are fine and I am very happy with my second hand Kool Stride. If you can find one for a good price, I recommend it. I can live with the downsides for the price I paid.
June 12, 2006